Prevent A Car Accident This Winter
Heading into the New Year, there is always a chance of experiencing a snow or ice storm before winter is over. Poor weather conditions significantly influence car accidents as icy roads make it easy to drive off the road or collide with other vehicles. Since we can’t tell when the next great storm will strike Atlanta, our team would like to offer a few practical tips for driving on ice or snow.
Safe Winter Driving Tips
Consider the following information provided by our Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys to avoid getting into an accident this winter:
- Do not drive while tired. Many accidents occur during the winter months because of fatigue or exhaustion. Make sure you get plenty of rest each night to avoid falling asleep at the wheel.
- Always make sure that your tires are properly inflated.
- If you find your vehicle skidding on ice, do not stomp on your brakes. Instead, tap your brakes rapidly while maintaining the steering wheel.
- Avoid using your cruise control system when the roads are slippery or wet.
- Make sure to remove distractions from your immediate area including smartphone devices.
- Keep the volume of your radio at a reasonable level in case another vehicle uses their horn to alert you.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
The team at FAST HELP hopes that this information will help you and your loved ones avoid getting into an accident this winter. Too many people sustain severe or fatal injuries as a result of not adapting to winter weather conditions and paying close attention to your environment, as well as maintaining control of your vehicle are essential for preventing collisions.
What To Do After A Car Accident?
If you do find yourself in the middle of a car accident and are injured, it is important to contact our attorneys as soon as possible to ensure that a thorough investigation takes place. You deserve the best legal support when going through such traumatic times and the attorneys at FAST HELP are here day and night for those in need.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Call the personal injury attorneys at FAST HELP for a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights. If we believe you have a case worth presenting to a court, you do not have to pay us at all unless we achieve winning results. Each year we help thousands of accident victims receive maximum compensation and may be able to help you, too. Call us immediately after a car accident, just dial (404) 592-0318 .