Atlanta Personal Injury Helpline For Accidents Caused By Texting
Car accidents don’t always take place because one of the drivers was behaving recklessly.
The truth is, even the best, most experienced drivers can make a mistake and in today’s “always connected” environment, thousands of people throughout Atlanta text while operating a vehicle.
Although most people are aware of the legalities around texting and driving, few understand the toll it takes on individuals and families alike.
If you are involved in an auto accident where the other driver was texting at the time of the collision, call our Atlanta car accident helpline today.
Texting and Driving Accident Statistics
Consider the following statistics that speak to the impact and reach texting has on drivers:
- 11 teenagers are killed in car accidents that involve texting each day.
- 21 percent of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents are distracted by their smartphone at the time of impact.
- Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with your eyes off of the road.
- Close to 500,000 car accident injuries are caused by distracted drivers using their smartphone.
- Approximately one-quarter of all auto accidents (1.5 million) are caused by texting or smartphone use.
- Over 30 percent of adult drivers admit to texting or e-mailing while driving.
- The average driver spends a minimum of five seconds looking at their smartphone when sending or receiving a text message.
- Texting while driving is proven to be just as dangerous as driving two times above Georgia’s legal alcohol limit.
- You are 6x likelier to get into a car accident when texting and driving than when driving drunk.
Texting While Driving Laws and Consequences
39 states including Georgia have passed legislation that considers texting while driving people against the law, with consequences ranging from minor fines to incarceration. texting while driving.
If you are involved in a car accident while texting another person, you could face significant jail time if the people in the other vehicle are hurt or killed. Criminal negligence is a felony in the State of Georgia and carries years in prison.
Call Atlanta’s Personal Injury Helpline When Hit By Another Driver
If you are involved in a car accident or are hit by someone who was texting while driving, contact Fast help’s experienced team of Atlanta personal injury attorneys for immediate help.
Fast Help is Atlanta’s most comprehensive personal injury helpline, connecting victims with the most reputable attorneys and doctors in the community.
Our team helps thousands of people each year navigate through the court system, receive compensation for their damages, and get the medical treatment they need to recover.
You can speak with one of our attorneys or Atlanta personal injury doctors by calling (404) 592-0318.