Avoid Accident Injuries Caused By Atlanta’s Traffic Jams
The greater Atlanta region is known for horrendous bumper-to-bumper traffic jams.
Since the community has such a significant population and is treated as a connector for surrounding states, the volume of vehicles traveling through on a regular basis is high.
During the school year, traffic only increases due to the number of vehicles and buses on the road. In high-traffic areas, car accidents and traffic jams are expected.
If you are involved in an accident during a traffic jam, call Fast Help immediately. We are Atlanta’s accident helpline that connects victims with the treatment and legal services they need.
From helping you obtain compensation for your damages to treating your injuries, we are your primary source of help following an accident. Just dial (404) 592-0318 to speak with someone right away.
Avoid Traffic Jam Accidents
Here are a few recommendations for preventing car accidents during a traffic jam:
- If there are other accidents on or to the side of the road, do not slow down to look at the situation. Doing so only creates more traffic concerns and puts you at risk of a rear-end collision.
- Do not recklessly switch lanes to try to get ahead of traffic. This action forces you to use your brakes more, which creates confusion for other motorists and puts those around you at risk.
- Always use your turn signals when moving into another lane.
- Do not use the express lane if you’re driving faster than others on the road.
- Do not allow yourself to be distracted by your smartphone device, music, or other items. You may be driving at a slow pace, but the risk of hitting another vehicle from the back or side significantly increase when focusing on multiple things simultaneously.
- If possible, check to see what the road and traffic conditions are like ahead of time. When possible, try to avoid driving during rush hour to prevent accidents from happening altogether.
- If your vehicle suddenly breaks down or you’re involved in an accident, try to pull off to the side of the road as far as you can. Turn your hazard lights on and use reflective gear to help other motorists see you easier. Call the authorities for support and then call Fast Help to speak with an Atlanta personal injury attorney about your case.