Personal Injury Statistics: Car Accidents In Georgia
Over 70 people throughout the State of Georgia are injured in a car accident each and every hour.
If you are hurt in a car accident, you are not alone.
Approximately every state resident will experience some type of collision at least once every ten years.
If this statistic seems surprising, you may be interested to know that close to 2,000 drivers are involved in an accident each day.
Personal Injuries and Car Accidents in Georgia
Consider the following information that highlights the impact and reach of car accidents in the Capitol of the South.
If you end up in an accident, call the experienced teams of Atlanta car accident attorneys at Fast Help to receive immediate support and compensation for your damages.
Just call 1-800-FASTHELP or (404) 592-0318.
Statistics On Georgia Car Crashes
According to Georgia’s Department of Transportation, the following statistics speak to the volume of accidents that take place each year:
- Average number of auto accidents each day: 1,200
- Average number of auto accidents each year: 342,534
- Average number of auto accident victims injured: 134,000
- Average number of fatalities associated with car accidents: 1,700
Types of Auto Accidents in Georgia
- Passenger vehicles: 370,000
- Pickup trucks: 101,000
- SUV’s: 96,000
- Vans: 40,000
- Tractor trailers: 13,000
- Single unit large trucks: 8,000
- Motorcycles: 4,000
- Buses: 3,000
- Vehicles with trailers: 3,000
- Panel trucks: 2,000
- Truck tractors: 1,000
- Other: 7,000
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Georgia
- Trailing too closely behind another vehicle
- Failure to slow down
- Losing control over the vehicle
- Changing lanes without proper notification
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Crashing into an object or animal in the middle of the road
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Poor weather conditions
Common Causes of Auto Accident Fatalities
- Driver loses control of vehicle
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Failure to stop or slow down
- Driving while intoxicated
- Poor weather conditions
- Driving too closely behind another vehicle
- Ignoring road signs
Other Alarming Auto Accident Statistics in Georgia
- Auto collisions are the primary cause of death and injury to children
- Child safety seats reduce the risk of injury by 70 percent for infants and 55 percent for toddlers
If You Are Injured in an Auto Accident in Georgia, Contact The Personal Injury Attorneys at FAST HELP
Our team of experienced car accident attorneys can help you navigate through difficult insurance policies, as well as ensure that you receive compensation for your damages and missed work.
Call our accident helpline today at 1-800-FASTHELP or (404) 592-0318.