Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slip and fall accidents occur on a daily basis and can happen anywhere. From your home to a shopping mall or place of worship, thousands of people throughout the United States are injured each year because of slippery surfaces, uneven terrain, or fallen debris.
In fact, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that slip and fall accidents are responsible for 15 percent of all accidental deaths, second to auto collisions.
Fortunately, most slip and fall accidents see the property owner as responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment. If someone is injured as a result of a property owner failing to provide appropriate signage around slipper surfaces or removing hazardous materials from common areas, they are liable for any damages sustained by the victim
Consider the following information that highlights several of the most common contributors to slip and fall injury claims, as well as how they can be prevented.
Contributors of Slip and Fall Accidents
Several of the most common contributors of slips and fall accidents include:
- Poor surface conditions
- Uneven terrains that are not supported with warning or notice signs
- Wet surfaces
- Loose floorboards, rugs, or mats
- Unmarked potholes
- Spilled beverages
- Greasy floors
- Unsalted sidewalks
- Fallen trash or debris
- Poor lighting
- Loose wires or cords
- Open drawers or doors
- Surface adjustments between rooms e.g. different levels, transition from carpet to tile
- Attempting to use a ladder without a handrail
- Failing to maintain balance while using a ladder
Prevent Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Though slip and fall accidents can occur at any moment, there are a few steps you can take to help reduce the chances of getting injured. Consider flash serial number cs6 the following safety precautions property owners can take to avoid causing someone serious or permanent injury:
- Clean saturated surfaces as soon as possible
- Provide clear signage that warns pedestrians of potential hazards
- Position signage in obvious, clear pathways
- Maintain common pathways including sidewalks, parking lots, and hallways
- Remove ice and snow from common surfaces or adobe photoshop cs6 crack dll files 64bit download pathways
- Apply adhesive stripping or anti-skid paint to common areas or walkways
- Install proper lighting near sidewalks, parking lots, and other common areas
Contact An Atlanta Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you or someone you know has been hurt as a result of a slip and fall accident, contact Fast Help to see if you qualify for compensation.