Safety Tips For Driving In Rainstorms
In Atlanta, Georgia, rainstorms can occur at any moment, even in the winter. It is common for sudden weather changes to take place, which creates more risk for drivers throughout the greater region. Driving in a rainstorm can be hazardous and lead to accidents that produce significant injuries.
Safety Tips For Driving In Rain
When traveling through the city during a rainstorm, please keep the following safety tips top of mind:
- Pay close attention to your surroundings: When driving through a rainstorm, make sure to pay extra attention to the other vehicles around you. Another driver may suddenly hit their brakes, and it’s important to be in a position where you can react swiftly without experiencing a side-impact or rear-end collision.
- Keep your headlights on: Turning your headlights on during a rainstorm helps other drivers see and react to you better.
- Drive slower than usual: Whenever you drive during poor weather conditions, it’s a good idea to go slower than you usually would. Driving five or ten miles per hour under the legal speed limit gives you plenty of time to respond to slippery conditions or other drivers.
- Maintain a safe distance: Slippery, wet conditions make it difficult for vehicles to stop without skidding. Asphalt and concrete roads tend to possess more oils than other surfaces, making them even more dangerous during rainstorms. The good idea is to maintain five or six seconds between your car and the vehicles ahead of you.
- Stay calm: Although things may get tense on the road, it’s important to remember that the drivers around you are just as stressed out. Remember to breathe and try to be courteous to the drivers around you.
- Do not drive through puddles: Avoid driving through puddles as they may be covering potholes that damage your vehicle or cause a flat tire.
Keep these safety tips in mind when driving through a rainstorm to protect you and your passengers from a potential accident.
Contact FAST HELP If You Do Get Into A Car Accident Caused By The Rain
If you or someone you care for is injured or killed in a car accident, even if it’s caused by the rain, you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages. Call FAST HELP immediately after a car accident for a free consultation to understand what your legal rights are and how you should move forward. The goal of our Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys is to help you obtain maximum compensation to cover your long-term health and financial expenses. Just dial (404) 592-0318 to speak with one of our attorneys anytime day or night.